When people hear the phrase Students’ Union or SU, what springs to mind for many is a bar and cheap pints. While we do have an award-winning venue, social space and bar to unwind in after a day of lectures, what we are and what we can offer you go so much further than those four walls. Most importantly, we are a student-led organisation – we are a union of students. As a member, your SU belongs to you, and every year you vote for four University of Plymouth students to become full-time Sabbatical Officers.
Events Admissions Policy
Events Admissions Policy:
The University of Plymouth Students’ Union is a charity based organisation with the welfare of its members being its core mandate. With this in mind and working inside the framework of the 2003 Licensing act, the Students’ Union has a duty of care to all of its members & customers.
Once purchased, all tickets are non-refundable under any circumstances.
In compliance with licensing laws, entry to the nightclub will only be granted to over 18's who are in compliance with the conditions below. Unless the event is otherwise stated as an under 18 event.
Entry to Plymouth Students’ Union is granted on production of a valid Union card only. This includes the university campus card. It does not include NUS/NUS Extra cards issued by University Plymouth Students’ Union.
Guest are required to have nationally recognised photo ID to prove who they are.
All customers may be asked for ID at the bar to receive service, suitable photo ID (driving licence or passport) stating your date of birth must be provided upon request. Please note that your University Card is not acceptable ID as it does not detail your date of birth.
Please be aware that as a condition of entry you may be asked to be searched on your way into the premises or even once inside the premises. You are entitled to refuse the search if you so wish, if you refuse to allow a search to be conducted, you will not be allowed entry to UPSU.
Right of Refusal:
The duty manager reserves the right to refuse entry to any person, without giving a reason. In accordance with the conditions of sale on your ticket "Ticket holders who are unable to use their ticket due to refusal of entrance are not eligible for a refund." Any inappropriate behaviour will be dealt with by the security staff or Venue Managers or the Police will be informed.
No refunds will be given for lost tickets to events.
University Plymouth Students’ Union venues operate a Last Entry time for each event. You must be in the queue by the advertised time or you will not be allowed admission. Refunds will not be given to customers who turn up after the last entry time.
The venue operates a re-admission policy – please receive a stamp on exit to gain re- entry
University of Plymouth Students’ Union has a zero tolerance policy on drug misuse. Any person found using or dealing drugs will be detained and the police will be called.
UPSU cannot guarantee entry and viewing of acts at UPSU events based on capacity of venues available.
Terms & Conditions
All tickets are sold according to the conditions. Please read the conditions carefully before purchasing your ticket.
1. Check your tickets: It is your responsibility to check Your Tickets is for the correct event. Please check your Tickets on receipt carefully and contact UPSU immediately if there is a mistake.
2. Special requirements: If You have any special access requirements or concerns about any special effects (lighting, sound, audiovisual ect) which may be featured at the Event, please discuss any such issues before purchasing the Tickets with UPSU by contacting UPSU. UPSU will use its reasonable efforts to assist with any such special access requirements or concerns.
3. Valid Ticket: You must produce a valid Ticket to gain access to an Event and You must keep possession of such Ticket at all times during the Event. Your Ticket may be invalidated if any part of it is removed, altered or defaced. UPSU will not be responsible for any Ticket that is lost, stolen or destroyed.
4. Duplicate tickets UPSU may issue duplicate Tickets in its sole discretion. If UPSU issues a duplicate Ticket, it may charge a reasonable administration fee.
5. Alter the advertised event: Tickets are sold subject to UPSU’s right to alter the advertised Event as reasonably necessary.
6. Not be liable: UPSU will not be liable for any loss, injury or damage to any person (including Yourself) or property however caused: (a) in any circumstances where there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed by UPSU, (b) in circumstances where such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach (save for death or personal injury as a result of a breach of a legal duty of care owed by UPSU); or (c) to the extent that any loss or damage results from breach by of any of the Conditions.
7. Nothing in the Conditions seeks to exclude or limit any liability of UPSU for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, fraud or any other type of liability which cannot by law be excluded or limited.
8. Tickets are personal revocable licences and shall at all times remain the property of UPSU. Any Ticket obtained in breach of the Conditions will be void. Any person seeking to use a void Ticket may be refused entry to, or ejected from, the Venue without refund, and may be subject to legal action. Void Tickets are non-refundable.
9. Behaviour: UPSU reserves the right to refuse You entry to and/or eject You from the Event and/or Venue (and may take appropriate action to enforce this right) in reasonable circumstances including without limitation (a) for health and safety or licensing reasons, (b) if You behave in a manner which has or is likely to affect the enjoyment of other persons at the Event, (c) if You use or display threatening, abusive or insulting words or mannerisms or behave in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace, (d) if, in UPSU reasonable opinion, You appear to be acting under the influence of alcohol or drugs, (d) if You fail, when required, to produce proof of identity or age, (e) if You refuse to comply with UPSU’s security searches, (f) if You breach these Terms, or (g) if Your Ticket is void. No refunds will be given to You if You are refused entry or ejected due to Your own behaviour.
Warning: Prolonged exposure to loud noise may cause damage to your hearing.
I have a technical question, where should I go?
If you have a question that is related to tickets you've purchased or any other technical related enquiries you can message the live chat on this page. This is provided by native and they'll do their best to get back to you as soon as possible.